This year we have 4 grocery stores participating in the ACTC (Assistance Center of Towson Churches) Thanksgiving Basket Drive. Hopefully this will make it easier for you to participate. All bags will be packed in advance at each of the stores listed and can be picked up at the Customer Service counter. This also includes a re-usable bag. If you are picking up multiple bags, please call the store in advance.
(York and Ridgely)
1811 York Rd.
Annette Gaydos, Mgr
(across from State Fair)
2145 York Rd.
Kimberly Carr, Mgr
(by Drumcastle Ctr)
6340 York Rd.
Larry or Sylvia
37 Aylesbury, Rd.
Steve Starzynski, Mgr
Bring your bags to church on Sunday, Nov 8th or 15th!
Tips for Packing:
- Pack large cans on bottom & lighter items on top.
- If possible use a Reusable Grocery Bag /OR a double brown grocery bag inserted in double plastic bags.
- Mark bags as COMPLETE or INCOMPLETE (list what is missing).
OR…You may make a check donation made out to ACTC.
Questions: Contact Sharon Mariani
Please include ONLY the following items in each basket:
All additional items should be in separate bags and marked “MISCELLANEOUS”
- 1 can sweet potatoes/yams (23-29oz can)
- 2 cans meat/main dish (example: beef stew or chili – 15-24oz cans)
- 1 large can fruit (20-30oz can)
- 4 cans vegetables (example: green beans, peas or corn – 15oz cans)
- 1 cranberry sauce
- 2 pkg. macaroni & cheese
- 1 box instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cake or brownie mix
- 1 bag or box of stuffing mix
- 1 lb. bag or box of rice
The ASSISTANCE CENTER OF TOWSON CHURCHES offers an ecumenical program that provides help to the poor and needy families in our community. It began as the result of a study conducted by the Towson Area Ministerial Association exploring an effective and efficient way to meet the needs of people coming to churches requesting help. Fourteen churches joined together to form ACTC. A consortium of 48 churches now participates in the outreach effort. Click to browse their website.