Happy New Year!
Yes, you read that correctly. September begins our new Sunday School Year. Not only that, but we will welcome a new baby (Josh and Rachel Stenger’s) as well.
Do you remember the vows we all took when baby is baptized? We are charged with helping raise each child in the ‘admonition of the Lord.’ I really and truly need your help. I need teachers, aides, substitutes, and or course, prayer warriors
Our Sunday School is always in a state of flux, depending on the number and ages of our children. This coming year, we will have the following departments: Nursery (ages newborn to 3 1/2 years by the end of August 2016); Preschool (ages 4 thru Kindergarten); Primary (grades 3-4), Junior (grades 5,6, and maybe 7) and Senior (8th—12th and maybe 7). The during the 11:00 service we also have the Nursery and Preschool. And Children’s Church for children in the first through 5th grades.
I would like to ask you to prayerfully consider helping, especially in the youngest classes, but the other departments would welcome your help as well. I will need:
- 9:30 Nursery—1 teacher (Yes, a very simple lesson will be provided—if you can read a paragraph, you can do this.) I would like a four person rotation so that you’d be needed only one time every four weeks. (I will NOT turn away someone who wants to do a whole month or quarter—I’m very easy to get along with.)
- 11:00 Nursery—1 teacher and 1 aide (age 12 and up). I would be happy if I could get a rotation of 8 teachers and aides so that one isn’t missing too many of Pastor David’s excellent sermons.
- 9:30 Preschool—1 teacher (a little more detailed lesson, an activity and the ever necessary Pla-doh time). It would be easiest if you could take a whole quarter , but if I get enough volunteers, I can shorten your time.
- 11:00 Preschool—Praise God for these dedicated teachers! I have four that rotate their weeks, but if you’d like to be a sub, or step in for one of them, that would be great. I need aides (12 years and up) who can be a help to our teachers and rotate around the calendar.
- 9:30 Primary—while Carol Morrison and Alison Kersten have worked well sharing this teaching level, and Brenda Mangels and Wendy Keller have been aides, I’m always happy for more help. You could be a substitute, or take a quarter as a teacher or aide.
- 9:30 Junior—I teach this class, but because I learned how to ‘share,’ if you enjoy this age group, I will be happy to split the lessons with you.
One more thing on my ‘wish list’– I would be over-the-top thrilled if I had a Coordinator for the Nursery/Preschool. I could use your help making sure the teachers know their duties and days, checking over the next quarter’ curriculum so I can order the right amount, and maybe do a bulletin board.
Please, Please, Please see me, or call me, or email me if you are interested in helping our children grow in the Lord. (Please don’t make me beg—my knees are getting old.)
Thanks to all!