- Use a standard size shoebox or pick up an OCC shoebox in the narthex. If you have extra empty shoe boxes at home, please consider bringing them in for others to use when the OCC boxes in the narthex are all taken.
- Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the child’s age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. You can print a label to indicate the age group from the Samaritan’s Purse website, or use one from the OCC brochures available in the narthex.
- Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child – items such as toys, school supplies, hygiene items, hard candy or gum. Please remember that all items must be new, no perishable items (this includes chocolate), no liquids or breakable items.
- Please donate $7.00 by check (or more) for each shoe box you prepare to help cover shipping and other project costs. Make your check payable to Samaritan’s Purse and write OCC on the memo line. Place the check in an envelope and place it on top of the items inside your shoe box. Note: If you donate your $7.00 online, you will be emailed a special “Follow Your Box” label to print and use. Later, you’ll receive a notification about the destination of your shoebox gift.
- Place a rubber band around each shoe box and drop off in the Narthex on November 16th or 23rd.
- Pray and ask God to use your gifts to show His love to the children who will receive your shoe box.
Thank you for helping make the gospel available to a child!